Hello, my friends! It’s your favorite ginger… Emily Makinzie.
I am over the moon to be a part of the Dom and Jane Show. I am finally living proof of that old saying, “If you love what you do, you never have to work a day in your life.”
I was born in New York, although I call myself a Ken Caryl girl… A Chatfield graduate to be exact. My years on this spinning orb called Earth have brought me everywhere from Europe to California. The stage of Shakespeare’s Globe, to the lights of the Las Vegas Strip. And after years of soul searching, two broken engagements, four different colleges, and millions of hours in the restaurant industry, here I am. Yappin yer ear off on Mix 100. Lucky me! Lucky you.
A quick breakdown of moi includes, but is not limited to:
1. I would gratefully eat sushi for each meal every day of my life if I could afford it.
2. My dirty little secrets include, but are not limited to: a full-on nail polish addiction, Bryan Fuller television series, live bar trivia, Goonies/Pretty Woman quotes, Daddy-Daughter meals, boxed-wine consumption, Marilyn Monroe and Beatles snapshot collecting, and The Gin Blossoms. I freaking love the Gin Blossoms.
3. My doggie, Kramer, is the cutest Shih Tzu on the planet; quite possibly the cutest dog in the world. It’s really not fair to the other canines of planet Earth how ridiculously adorable my Kramer is.
4. Friends are my family, and family is my life… And oh how I love to embarrass my loving friends and family.
5. I, without fail, say what everyone is thinking but too scared to voice out loud. It’s a blessing… And a curse. (As I’m sure you know from listening to the show!)
There are plenty more nuggets of Emily facts, just drop a line or find me on the Book of Face with any questions. And keep listening to the Dom and Jane Show weekday mornings for hours of laughs, stories, and general merriment. You, my dears, make our jobs worthwhile.